What More Can I Do To Market My Business Online?
Have a good website
Your website is the hub of all online marketing activity. If your website doesn’t house the information a potential customer would expect to find in a format that is both easily viewed and increasingly engaging, you will want to revisit your website strategy.
Steps you’ll want to take in updating your website:
- Ensure every page is mobile-friendly, simplify your content by guiding the user’s experience through easy-to-read information and supporting images.
- Create a unique title, description, and keyword focus for each page. Do not use the same meta content for more than one page.
- Use only one title tag (H1) per page, organizing other sections of the page by H2, H3, and H4 tags where appropriate.
- Make sure you have an About page and a Contact page, as these are most often the first pages visited by new users.
- Properly include your phone number and address information with proper HTML.
- Include the title of your company and a copyright (based on most recent update) year as part of your footer.
- Add Google Analytics code to your header.
- Make sure any given webpage has no more than 2-3 in-text links in the copy.
- Include links to your social media page in your header or footer.
- Plan for regular content updates each year to analyze any broken links or information that needs to be updated.
- Consider a blog or other form of easily updated content to keep your viewers coming back for more.
- Have your web developer clean up all necessary code and format each webpage to have what is referred to as “clean code” throughout your website.
Actively share quality content
Providing valuable content should be at the heart of everything you do online, and as such, it merits having its own dedicated strategy. Whether you want to drive customers to your website, gather emails and leads, or increase brand equity, you need to have something of value to offer: content.
Content doesn’t just have to be an informational article on your website – be creative. Content can be an infographic, white paper, ebook, webinar, presentation, blog, app, free trial, or video. The possibilities are endless!
Be natural. Be engaging. Be Social.
Popular social media websites are considered other top search engines, second only to Google. However, not many Internet users consider websites like YouTube a form of search engine marketing despite how often we search for key terms and specific results on websites like YouTube.
Every day, businesses all over the world are making connections through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Social media is another channel to provide useful, engaging content to your target audience and gain more followers. Social media is a great extension of your website and content strategy. Use social media to send out promotions, updates, plan and host events, sponsor events, encourage competitions, and gather valuable feedback from customers. The key to increasing engagement and gaining more followers is for you to be engaging! Get online and start a conversation.
Providing fresh, creative, valuable content is the best way to enhance every aspect of your online marketing strategy. No matter which marketing strategy you decide to pursue next, remember that none of them are a one time job. Keep refining your strategies, and always remember to keep the customer in mind! Designing, writing, or posting with self-interest in mind can easily be seen and ultimately ignored by those viewing your content.
If you have any questions or if you’d like to discuss any of these strategies further, we’re here to help!